25–26 June 2019
Iraq’s Most Established Oil & Gas Event
Proudly Shaping Iraq’s Oil & Gas Industry for over 10 Years:
- Unrivalled: Ministerial keynote session with the top energy decision makers in Iraq
- Unique: Meet the great delegation from the Federal Ministry of Oil
- Timely: Where Iraq’s 2017 energy expansion plans will be revealed
- Topical: With announcements from IOCs operating in Iraq and in key oil clusters in Basra, Maysan and other parts of Iraq
- Finance: See funding options for Iraq’s energy expansion in the light of low oil prices
- Security: Get the latest updates from Government and Security Companies working in the region
2017 Conference Highlights
- Dr Falah Alamri, Director General Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) representing the Ministry of Oil and updating attendees on the impact of World Oil Production Balance & Prices on Iraq.
- The Operators Session, including presentations from:
- Zaid Elyaseri, BP: Rumaila Case Study Adapting to Current Conditions
- Gati Al Jebouri, LUKOIL: Export Expansion Project & Annoucement of Block 10 Discovery
- Loris Tealdi, eni: Zubair Performance Improvements, 8 wells in 2017 so far
- Mark Wharton, Shell: Midstream Flagship is Basra Gas Co. & working with local people
- Amjad Barzandji, OilSERV: Future Generation Talent Programme
- Crude Oil Pricing and Trading debate with Alessandro Liberati, Head of Trading, BB Energy Trading Ltd. and Dr Falah Alamri, SOMO
- Dr Jaafar Oklany, Commercial Director, Basra Gas Company: “Iraq’s pioneering high profile Joint Venture between South Gas Company (51%), Shell (44%) and Mitsubishi (5%) Gas hub in Southern Iraq: transforming raw gas produced and flared by upstream field operators into valuable dry gas, LPG and condensate for Iraq”
- Infrastructure Development Projects Session presentations outlining what is needed for development and strongly focused on Gas development
- Interesting debate part of the Gas Projects Session on whether to export gas or use for internal consumption with speakers outlining the huge potential of gas in the country. ust investments towards Iraq’s energy sector.
- The Innovative Financing Solutions sessions with Deutsche Bank, Vinson & Elkins and AFC Iraq highlighting the roads to success and providing recent examples of project financing in Iraq including MDF Fund for medium projects.
- Iraq’s Power Sector presentations from Ministry of Electricity looking at the current challenges, future plans and the role of renewables.
- Kumiko Uchida, Senior Representative, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) contribution to Iraq: 1.5 Billion US Dollars for (Electricity, Water, Health & Education)
- Securing Iraq’s Critical Infrastructure chaired by Ambassador James Franklin Jeffrey, addressed current and future pathways to improving security as it remains crucial to future growth and catalyst for economic development.
- Fantastic networking opportunities at the Conference included the Shell Sponsored Lunch and the Evening Gala Dinner at the majestic Two Temple Place.
Why Attend the 2018 Conference:
- Get the outline of Iraq’s Ministry of Oil new strategy on how Iraq is dealing with the current challenges in the market and plan your strategy accordingly
- Hear the latest from Iraq’s Ministry of Oil executives on the negotiations with the IOCs on the new terms
- Meet & network with key decision makers from IOCs
- Identify new opportunities and find potential joint ventures
- Meet regional decision makers and understand the shifts in geo-strategic power balances
- Demonstrate your commitment to operating in Iraq
Secure Your Participation
For Programme & Speaker enquiries, please contact Nawar Abdulhadi on +44 20 7978 0093 For Sponsorship & Attending enquiries, please contact Phillip Clarke on +44 20 7978 0056 or email IraqPetroleum@thecwcgroup.com