Join Us for the 2018 EditionView the 2017 Photo Gallery
NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR 2018: BERLIN, GERMANY
CWC Group is pleased to announce Iraq’s most established industry meeting will be moving to Berlin, Germany for its twelfth edition in 2018. Proud to work year-on-year with the Federal Government of Iraq and with the Ministry of Oil, the Conference is renowned for gathering the country’s senior Government Representatives alongside key industry stakeholders to drive the strategy for the year ahead in one of the world’s most important oil and gas markets. Join us in Berlin to meet with the leaders of Iraq’s energy sector and discuss the new strategies to drive forward its energy industry.
2017 Conference Highlights
- Dr Falah Alamri, Director General Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) representing the Ministry of Oil and updating attendees on the impact of World Oil Production Balance & Prices on Iraq.
- The Operators Session, including presentations from:
- Zaid Elyaseri, BP: Rumaila Case Study Adapting to Current Conditions
- Gati Al Jebouri, LUKOIL: Export Expansion Project & Annoucement of Block 10 Discovery
- Loris Tealdi, eni: Zubair Performance Improvements, 8 wells in 2017 so far
- Mark Wharton, Shell: Midstream Flagship is Basra Gas Co. & working with local people
- Amjad Barzandji, OilSERV: Future Generation Talent Programme
- Crude Oil Pricing and Trading debate with Alessandro Liberati, Head of Trading, BB Energy Trading Ltd. and Dr Falah Alamri, SOMO
- Dr Jaafar Oklany, Commercial Director, Basra Gas Company: “Iraq’s pioneering high profile Joint Venture between South Gas Company (51%), Shell (44%) and Mitsubishi (5%) Gas hub in Southern Iraq: transforming raw gas produced and flared by upstream field operators into valuable dry gas, LPG and condensate for Iraq”
- Infrastructure Development Projects Session presentations outlining what is needed for development and strongly focused on Gas development
- Interesting debate part of the Gas Projects Session on whether to export gas or use for internal consumption with speakers outlining the huge potential of gas in the country. ust investments towards Iraq’s energy sector.
- The Innovative Financing Solutions sessions with Deutsche Bank, Vinson & Elkins and AFC Iraq highlighting the roads to success and providing recent examples of project financing in Iraq including MDF Fund for medium projects.
- Iraq’s Power Sector presentations from Ministry of Electricity looking at the current challenges, future plans and the role of renewables.
- Kumiko Uchida, Senior Representative, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) contribution to Iraq: 1.5 Billion US Dollars for (Electricity, Water, Health & Education)
- Securing Iraq’s Critical Infrastructure chaired by Ambassador James Franklin Jeffrey, addressed current and future pathways to improving security as it remains crucial to future growth and catalyst for economic development.
- Fantastic networking opportunities at the Conference included the Shell Sponsored Lunch and the Evening Gala Dinner at the majestic Two Temple Place.
With Thanks to Our 2017 Sponsors
2017 Distinguished Speakers Include:
Secure Your Participation
For Programme & Speaker enquiries, please contact Nawar Abdulhadi on +44 20 7978 0093
For Sponsorship & Attending enquiries, please contact Phillip Clarke on +44 20 7978 0056
or email IraqPetroleum@thecwcgroup.com
Part of the CWC Iraq Portfolio of Events