08:00 - 09:30
Welcome Coffee & Breakfast Briefing with the Iraqi Delegation & Guests: Enhancing International Investment in Iraq’s Energy Sector
MP Ali MuraijChairman of the Oil & Gas CommitteeFederal Parliament of Iraq
Dr Othman Al OboudiDirector General of the Legal DepartmentGeneral Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, Federal Government of Iraq
Saad Sadir HamdanHead of the Energy CommitteeBaghdad Council, Federal Government of Iraq
09:30 - 11:00
Session 5 – Iraq’s Gas: Strengthening the Energy-Intensive Industries to Diversify the Economy
Thomas DimitroffPartnerInfrastructure Development Partnership LLPSenior AdviserRoland Berger
- Capitalizing on Iraq’s domestic natural gas supplies by increasingly building capacity
- Highlighting the importance of Gas-fired power stations providing the most flexible source of power
- The role of natural gas recognized as a reliable, environmental friendly and affordable fuel
- How natural gas is essential to bridge the divide and help bring a better life for the Iraqi people?
- Maximizing value from Iraq’s current projects
- Developing advanced technologies to extract value from refinery streams to produce petrochemicals
- Reviewing the development of Iraq’s gas infrastructure
- Spotlight on; Nebras plant in Basra and the other plants in Iraq
11:30 - 13:00
Session 6 – CFO’s Panel: Project Finance: Exploring Private Funding Sources in the Light of Iraq’s Reconstruction Donors Countries Conference
H.E. Dara ReshidDeputy Minister, Deputy Head of Reconstruction Fund for Areas Affected by Terroristic Operations (REFAATO)Ministry of Construction, Housing & General Municipalities, Federal Government of Iraq
Werner SchmidtManaging Director, Head of Structured Trade & Export Finance, GermanyDeutsche Bank AG
- Outlining the Reconstruction of Iraq Donors Countries Conference goals hosted by Kuwait
- Iraq’s mega projects and crucial projects, who will be leading the reconstruction of Iraq?
- What are Iraq’s key priorities?
- Which factors do investors factor in order to take their investment decisions and how the international community looking to fund the Iraq projects?
- World’s biggest reconstruction trading houses, resource companies and commodity executives, where does Iraq’s energy sector lie on the map of industry traders and financiers?
14:30 - 15:45
Session 7 – Iraq’s Power Sector
- Reviewing Iraq’s Government plans to create a framework to harness the role of new technologies to deliver more power at a lower cost
- Accelerating and improving the regulatory framework to enhance providing new capacity to balance the Grid
- Upgrading Iraq’s power infrastructure
- What are the advances in storage technologies?
- Creating new opportunities for new businesses and business models
- Working with international companies to build Iraq’s power generation capacity
- Reviewing the role of renewables in Iraq
- What are the plans for expanding gas to power generation?
16:15 - 17:15
Session 8 – Panel Discussion: Reconstructing Iraq’s Energy Infrastructure: Securing Iraq’s Main Facilities
Dr Khalid Al-YaqoobiAdviserIraq Presidency, Iraq National Security Advisory, Federal Government of Iraq
Aamer Al MoswiChief of Experts Iraq National Security AdvisoryFederal Government of Iraq
- Iraq’s critical networks: Communications, banks, the electric grid, oil-and-gas systems and railways
- Strengthening the resilience of Iraq’s critical infrastructure and maintaining the main facilities
- Building a better understanding of cyber in cross-sector
- Assessing Iraq’s security companies challenges